HVCA Soccer Information
PLEASE READ THE NEXT TWO PAGES CAREFULLY!
COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED!
A valid Community Association membership ($30) is required and will be charged at time of registration. If you already have a valid community membership, you will receive a refund for the amount from your CA. You may NOT play soccer without a current membership, as your child requires the insurance coverage to play. There are no exceptions possible.
FEES & COSTS
Fees associated with soccer are related to hard costs associated with running the program. We try to work off break even. Costs for soccer include field rentals, field marking, uniforms, photos, medals, coach development, equipment (including nets, balls, whistles, and cones), web hosting/online payment service. Once committed to a certain number of fields and nights of play, we sign a contract with the City and the cost of field rentals is non-refundable, regardless of whether we play or not. We based this year’s fee schedule on last year’s costs, and hope that we will break even. Given that we do not know how many children will register, or in what division, we have to make our best guess.
These costs are non-refundable and fixed, though we do try to minimize or reduce the costs and look for lower cost alternatives from year to year.
- Online registration is available 24/7, making it the most convenient way to register.
- HVCA Soccer is a volunteer-based program. Parents either have to volunteer or purchase a non-refundable volunteer opt-out fee of $75. Volunteer positions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- For the 2018 season, In-Person Registration is not being offered. If you need further assistance in this regard, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REFUND POLICY FOR HVCA SOCCER
You can cancel registration in a Sports Program up until two (2) weeks before a Sports Program starts, your Registration Fee will be returned less a 20% Administration Fee.
First day of the 2018 season will be April 25, 2018; the last day of the program will be coinciding with our WindUp Party on June 23, 2018, 3-5 pm.
For 2018, SoccerTech decided to add a new feature to our volunteer requirements. Volunteer opportunities are on a first-come, first-served basis now. Once positions are filled, they will show as unavailable – families will not be able to access them any longer and will have to pick from the other opportunities or pay the non-refundable $75 volunteer opt-out fee.
The following volunteer positions are available:
- Co-Coaches – All coaches will be co-coaches this year to spread the load. (70 Volunteers)
- Team Managers – Management of the team and its equipment, including pickup and return. (35 Volunteers)
- Age Group Coordinators – Responsible for the day-to-day running of each age group on the field. Responsibilities include Welcome Day (helping everyone find their playing field and team), answering general questions of parents, directing teams to their scheduled event on the field, potential equipment replacement for any of the teams. (6 Volunteers)
- Photography Volunteer – Assisting the dedicated photo organizer to organize teams and players for photoshoot. (4 Volunteers)
- Wind-Up Party – Game Stations, photo table, jersey donations, BBQ, etc. Setup and Teardown – all on June 23, 2018, 3-5 pm. (12 Volunteers)
- Equipment Sorting Out – Sort equipment for the program in two evenings in early April for all NHCA teams. (5 Volunteers)
- Equipment Sorting In – Sort equipment for the program back in on two evenings in June and at the WindUp Party. (5 Volunteers)
- Community Clean-Up – Direct users in April/May (TBA) to correct disposal areas during community clean up at the Hidden Hut. Other duties as may be requested of you. (10 Volunteers)
- Explore Hidden Valley – Under direction of the event lead, manage various aspects of the event in April (TBA) such as (but not limited to) set up/clean up. Potential monitoring of “check-in” stations in various parts of Hidden Valley. (12 Volunteers)
- Family Kite Festival – Under direction of the event lead, manage various aspects of the event on May 12, such as (but not limited to) set up/clean up or managing kite making stations at the Hidden Hut. (8 Volunteers)
- Community Bottle Drive – Supervise in April/May (Date TBA) bottle drop-off at the Hidden Hut and/or canvas door to door for bottles. (10 Volunteers)
Weather updates and cancellations will be found on the home page of our website in the Twitter feed by 4 pm on the day. Please also consider to sign up to our Twitter account to get up to date information.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT play or practice if there is lightning! Soccer teams should not play/practice in extremely cold or wet weather, or if the fields have pooled water or snow. Inform the parents that all games/practices are on unless they hear from the team manager.
With the cost of registration, each player is entitled to
- A jersey kit to keep for our Timbits in U4 to U6. U8 and U10 players will receive a jersey, to keep. U12 and older will receive a full jersey kit, including jersey, shorts and socks, to keep.
- A player photo and a team photo
- Medals (U4-U6)
- Soccer Wind-Up Party
- Technical skill training, designed and supplied by SoccerTech.
All children will see our technical coaching, led by our team of University of Calgary Dinos Players and their junior coaches.
Our program also supplies the line-marking, goals, balls, and additional coaching equipment needed to run this program.
The program will not include jerseys for coaches.
All you need to provide is a name-tagged water bottle, suitable footwear and a set of shin guards.
Parent(s), or a designated caregiver; is required to be at the soccer field while a child is participating in soccer.
We believe that every child should have access to soccer in our community. There are a couple of programs to help those in financial hardship:
- KidSport (please download and complete this part-filled form to bring with you when registering for KidSport Calgary, see below).
SoccerTech is happy to take KidSport or Jumpstart registrants – please register your child at PowerUp using the “Office Payment” option and then apply to KidSport or JumpStart for the program. Both organizations will then direct deposit the fees into our account, upon approval. Please note our refund policy in case you chose a different method: for refunds on applications made with support by KidSport, refunds will only be made minus any credit card and refund fees. Also, neither program covers the CA Membership, the Volunteer Opt-out Fee or Late Fees. Every child should play at HVCA!
Children must play in the Age Group assigned to their year of birth. By parental request, a child can be moved up to an older age group, but NOT down. SoccerTech will make every effort to honour friend placement request, however, due to the size of the program, this cannot be guaranteed.
ABUSE OF ANY SORT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL RESULT IN THE HVCA AND SOCCERTECH REFUSING ENTRY INTO THE SOCCER PROGRAM OR TO ALLOW CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE SOCCER PROGRAM.